Thursday, July 26, 2012

Bargain Shopping: Shampoo and Conditioner

Every once in a while I go through phases where I feel I need to budget my life. Now that I have my big girl job I REALLY need to budget my life. But where to start? I formed a big fat budget with my dad (to be posted later) that is all about rent, gas, expenses, yada yada yada. All of this has started some thinking about all of the crazy products I buy. Am I going to stop buying them? Of course not, let's be real about it. BUT I have thought of ways to cut back on the price without cutting back on the product :)

Thankfully we live in a world of copycats. Now you can buy the Wal-Mart, Walgreen or even Target brands of our favorite every day products. And guess what! They are cheaper! The age ole question is "are they the same things?" ANSWER: YES!!! It is all the packaging. So here is a first of the many bargaining deals I have found.

Shampoo and Conditioner--I know what you are thinking...is all that REALLY that expensive to begin with? Well no, but hey every dollar counts! My new favorite products are made by Suave (yes really, I said Suave) and they are the copycat versions of Aveda. It smells FABULOUS and it is crazy inexpensive. At Wal-Mart it is $1.97. That's right! Under $2 big ones for shampoo!!! Think of how much you will save in the grand scheme of things! THIS blogger even goes to show how you can use this shampoo to get the hair of Victoria's Secret Models. SCORE!

Just to put things into perspective...Aveda sells their Rosemary Mint shampoo for $10.50. Yowzers. So now we really can believe that whole line about "saloon quality without the saloon prices". P.S. I used this shampoo tonight and my hair smells and feels like I just went to the saloon. NO LIE!

Click HERE for the Suave website!

No comments:

Post a Comment